The Nottingham and Derby Society of Architects champions architecture, ideas and initiatives which can improve the places in which we live, and the ways in which we live, for the good of the people of Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire and the architectural profession.
Founded in 1862 we are an inclusive society of architects, related built environment professionals and interested members of the public.
The NDSA promotes a vision for:
- environmental and economic sustainability
- culturally inclusive places
- human scale sociable environments
- high quality democratic public space
- spatial justice
- appropriately designed, good quality buildings
- inclusive architectural heritage
- progressive architectural education
- research and innovation in academia and practice
- equitable employment and working conditions
- professional standards
We are affiliated to the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA), serving as one of four local branches within the East Midlands region.